Do you see this error when you or a user in your organization tries to login?
"We were unable to sign you in. Please make sure you are signing in with your school or organizational account and try again."
This error can happen for a few different reasons. Check out the table below for more information.
You are logging in with a personal Microsoft account
- In order to access Minecraft Education, you'll need to have a Microsoft 365 school or business account. You can use this school or business account to access a free trial of Minecraft Education, and you can always try out a demo lesson without logging in.
- Read more: Try Minecraft Education for free
- If you would like to purchase a license to get full access, you can read about your purchase options here: Purchasing Options for Minecraft Education Licenses
The user account is not an AAD account
- Although you may see the account and be able to assign a license in the admin center, the user isn't an account in your tenant. This can happen if you've created a guest account.
- We recommend that you create a new account in your tenant for the user and assign a license to it.
Camps and Clubs (commercial) account not correctly configured
- If you have recently purchased a license through our Camps and Clubs program, you'll need to create users in the Admin Center and then assign purchased licenses to them.
- When you first signed in and purchased Minecraft Education licenses, right before the billing info you would have created a new "business" email with its own @domain. The email address would look like this: EmailName@DomainName.onmicrosoft.com.
- When you log into Admin Center, you should see your onmicrosoft account cached if you use the same device that you used to purchase the Minecraft Education license. If you can remember the Domain name but not the email name part, let us know.
- Here is the guide to purchasing and managing Camps and Clubs licenses that has more details about the full process.
- If you're able to log into the admin center, this guide covers creating accounts and assigning licenses in the admin center.