Unable to login to Minecraft on a Chromebook
When users log in I get the error.
'Something went wrong Try checking your Internet connection.'
I have followed this guide (https://educommunity.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360047118992) to check that I have all the correct websites allowed.
I have even tried using a hot spot to avoid my local network and the same error occurs.
I am running v1.18.42.
What can you suggest. This was working in July and now it is not...
We did release a Beta that may change the issue or resolve it. Also I have some items that an admin can go through that may help. Please go through the following:
- Make sure that //*.minecraft-services.net/ has been allow listed through firewall and content filters
- The signaling connections use wss://signal.franchise.minecraft-services.net
- The STUN and TURN connections use turn.azure.com / world.relay.skype.com on the 188.8.131.52 / 16 IP range using remote TCP port 443 and remote UDP ports 3478-3481
- The peer-to-peer connections between host and joining client use local ephemeral UDP ports specified by the host client (the local port range is defined by the OS) and sent to the joining client via the signaling service
- Our system now uses ephemeral ports. They will need to be unblocked.
- Can you tell me if this is device specific or is this happening to everyone and how often?
- Try toggling
celluar datasetting to on with tablets, Chromebooks, android phones and iOS phones.
- It's a setting under Profile on all devices.
Let me know if any of this helps.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.