Articles in this section
Welcome to the Wild Update (v1.19.53) for Minecraft Education! With useful new blocks and items, charismatic mobs, and mangrove swamps, explore and survive in amazing new worlds. This update improves the user experience with smoother sign-in, library search, and tooltips. We welcome you to try out our new updates before we release to the general public. We can’t wait for you to play!
Learn how to update your device to the latest version.
Please let us know all about the things you love, as well as challenges you run into by contributing to our Wild Update forum thread.
The Wild Update Hotfix v1.19.53
- Fixed the /give camera command not working
- iOS - Fixed nativeclient error on login for some organizations
- Windows, MacOS, ChromeOS, mobile Android - Fixed multiplayer disconnects and improved multiplayer stability.
- iOS does not have these multiplayer changes yet.
From the Wild Update v1.19.52
Version 1.19 brings some exciting features and changes to worlds. Here are some highlights:
- New blocks (froglight, mangrove, mud, skulk)
- New items (goat horn, recovery compass, echo shard)
- New mobs (allay, frog, tadpole, warden)
- Biomes & Structures (Deep Dark, Mangrove Swamps, Ancient Cities)
Logging in and account switching
We've updated account management to make it easier to stay signed in and switch between accounts. The "Manage Accounts" button has been added to the Home screen, replacing the "Switch Accounts" button. This will enable users to choose whether to have the device remember their username and password across sessions ("Remember me"), to sign out, or to switch accounts and allow another player to sign in.
- If "Remember me" is toggled ON (to the right), the app will try to automatically sign in the last player on subsequent sessions.
- If the player hits the "Sign out" button, they will need to enter their username and password the next time they open the app.
- "Switch accounts" allows you to switch to a different account without clearing passwords from the device. If the player hits the "Switch accounts" button, they will need to enter their username the next time they open the app but not their password.
- "Import" button added to the Play screen on iOS.
Updated Sign-In Experience
- Switching from ADAL to MSAL for Microsoft authentication.
New Networking Libraries:
- Switched network handling to a newer library, improving proxy support and removing many iOS specific errors.
- Improved Search featuring tag search, better non-English searching, and more!
- New computer science folders.
Improved User Experience
- Easier to use tooltips and control hints in-world.
- Numbered hot bar slots help new players learn how to switch between items in their hot bar using mouse and keyboard.
OS minimum requirement changes:
- Mac OS: v11 Big Sur
- Windows: Windows 10
- iOS: From v1.19 of Minecraft Education, iOS 11 or higher will be required to login to the Minecraft Education app.
Read more about System Requirements
Some users may encounter these issues. If you do, reach out to our support team and we can help.
- You may need to manually sign in one time to re-enable Remember Me after the update.
- The buttons on Emily the NPC are not working correctly on Climate Futures. We suggest temporarily using other content in the library until the worlds are updated and republished.