Articles in this section
This article provides information on how to sign into Minecraft: Education Edition.
First-time sign into Minecraft: Education Edition
Follow these steps to sign in for the first time.
- From the Welcome to Minecraft: Education Edition message, click Sign In.
Result: Minecraft: Education Edition displays the message, “Sign-in Required. You must sign in with your school account in order to play Minecraft: Education Edition.” A separate window to sign in is opened.
- In the Sign in window, provide your school or organizational email and password.
Result: The Sign in window closes and you are signed in.
- For the first time sign into a teacher account, in Minecraft: Education Edition, click View EULA to view the End User License Agreement. When ready, click Accept to continue signing in.
Using Single Sign On (SSO)
Single Sign On allows the Minecraft: Education Edition application to use the login credentials that the user signed onto the device, and reduces the amount of times your students need to enter their login information. All users will need to sign in manually for the first time before the SSO will work. Follow these steps to turn on SSO:
- Login to the device with your school or work account
- Open Minecraft: Education Edition
- From the main screen, select the Settings button
- Select Profile from the Settings menu
- Toggle Enable Single Sign On to the On position
- The next time you login to your device and launch Minecraft: Education Edition, you should be logged into the game with the same login credentials
If you are using Google accounts on a Chromebook, refer to this article for more information about setting up SSO: Signing into Minecraft: Education Edition on Chromebooks Using Single Sign On