Articles in this section
Microsoft has introduced new plans for Microsoft 365 A3, and A5. These new “Unified” plans combine the individual M365 components (Office 365, Windows Enterprise, EMS) into a single license, making it easier for customers to assign and manage their M365 licenses in the Office 365 Admin Center.
Note: If you are not sure which type of license you have, contact our support team and we'll help you out!
Assign or Remove a Minecraft: Education Edition license from a user with an A3 or A5 license
If your school organization has purchased a Microsoft 365 A3 or A5 plan, the Minecraft: Education Edition license is automatically included for each account that you assign the A3 or A5 license to.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account.
- From the left-hand menu, select Users
- From the Users list, select the users you want to add or remove the license from
- Add the relevant A3 or A5 license if it hasn't been assigned already. Note that if you add a faculty license, the user will be assigned an instructor role in the application and will have elevated permissions
- After selecting the appropriate product license ensure Minecraft: Education Edition is toggled on or off, depending on if you want to add or remove Minecraft: Education Edition from the user (it will be on by default)
NOTE: Granting a license will immediately allow the user to access the app. Removing the Minecraft: Education Edition license can take up to 30 days for the user to lose access. Changing the A3/A5 license type from faculty to student can take up to 7 days for role change to affect Minecraft: Education Edition.