a group of students encountered the following problem in their world. They spent several hours building it, so it would be a disaster if this world cannot longer be used. No error message or code is shown, the program simply closes without any warning.
When the world is opened, the game sometimes crashes without any warning (before you can actually see the world). However, most of the times it is possible to move around for around 30 seconds. After that, the game starts lagging and the whole program crashes soon after.
Here are a few details and things I have tried to fix the problem - without any success:
- Running on Windows 10
- Newest Minecraft Education Edition version 1.17.32 (I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game)
- No resource- or skin-packs are used.
- The problem is present on different accounts
- The world was exported by the student, sent to me and I opened the world - same problem
- I created a local copy of this world and deactivated things like command blocks and animals in the world settings
- I re-imported the world several times
- In the 30 second time window that I had, I used "/kill @e" to remove all entities.
- After joining the world, I immediately teleported far away to avoid any chunk loading problems caused by redstone etc.
- Other worlds are working perfectly fine, it's just this specific world
It would be really helpful if someone has an idea on how to fix this. I'm not too familiar with logging in the Education Edition so maybe someone could tell me how I can generate the necessary log file or a way to generate an error code/message.
Please sign in to leave a comment.