Things I need to be able to do to make MCEE usable in the classes I teach.
1. Prevent single player mode on all students from the teacher computer.
2. Prevent students hosting their own worlds. (This is different to the above. There may be times when I want them to play a single player game, but alone, and not allow others to help them. For assessments for example)
3. The ability to “push” single player maps to all students and remove all old single player maps from a single teacher computer.
4. Pausing individual students.
5. A teacher entity @t identifier to enable commands to target everyone but the teacher or just the teacher.
6. A learner identifier (@l) that allows just students to be targeted. (Not essential if you have a @t identifier but useful)
7. An /OP setting in the world that only OPs people from the teacher computer. Everyone should be /deop apart from the teacher. Unless the teacher awards it from their computer.
8. The ability to limit what accounts/devices can download M:EE
There is probably more as well as this, but I think these are the essentials.
I think the way to achieve this is to have a client app (for students) and a Teacher App (for teachers) that is provisioned on the fly depending on the o365 account logging in.
The Teacher App would have the abilities mentioned, and this would prevent the students from being able to use certain features unless the teacher granted them after login.
It could be deployed via the sign in. So when allocating licences, the teacher accounts for o365 would be identified on login and extra features would be pushed to that client. When a student logs in, they would have the "student set" of features. This way there would be no need for provisioning separate Apps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.