We've been using Multiplayer without issue since the 1.19 update. In fact, we had some issues back when 1.18 first landed, but once we got those sorted, it was smooth sailing through the 1.19 update and up until today. But when we attempted to run our lesson today, we could see the "is this the world you're trying to connect to" dialog box and could click through to proceed, but the connections kept timing out. We'd get the connecting loading animation until it timed out and we got the "Unable to connect to world" screen.
- Online school running weekend classes, everyone on home network and range of PC, Mac, iPad and OS (I'm on Windows 10)
- Same issues for everyone
- Multiple students tried hosting as well as me, no one could connect except for the 2 sets of siblings in the class. Each set was on the same home network, and one sibling was able to connect when the other sibling was hosting in both cases.
- Tried restarting Minecraft and computers. Didn't work.
- Tried using join link instead of icons.
- Tried using code connect
- Tried different worlds
- All URLs whitelisted on my firewall
- ONE time I had ONE student (of 10) able to connect to my world, but she couldn't move around in it. The other nine never made it on in that try, and no-one made it on in subsequent tries.
We've scheduled a makeup class for next week. I'm hoping whatever issue is affecting us is resolved by then. This is the first time we've had any issues with our school since the 1.18 update.
Please sign in to leave a comment.