My school district just received a batch of HP 11MK G9 EE edition Chromebooks. And for some reason we are seeing all of them consistently either freezing on a faded Mojang screen or just a blank black one.
And admittedly I am at a bit of a loss.. so far I have tried..
- Different accounts/devices but the issue is consistent
- Tried updating to the lastest Chrome OS version but that didn't help and the version that comes on the new ones by default is similar to the 'older' devices ie. they are all running 107 yet the older ones work while these do not.
- Attempted a full powerwash
- Attempted a full usb restore
- Hot spotted the device directly to my phone incase there was a district security issue
- Joined the Beta program for Minecraft EDU hoping there might be an update/fix for it to work
And I did find this in the technical area in a support post that was a month old..
Some users on ChromeOS v104 and higher may experience app freezing on launch. It may show the red Mojang screen or a very dark version of it.
Working to resolve
But right now I am at a loss.. I have new chromebooks that can't run it and older ones that can and the school is getting a bit frustrated. So I am reaching out to the community here hoping someone has found a fix ( back door or otherwise ) to get this going.
Please sign in to leave a comment.