Articles in this section
When purchasing Minecraft: Education Edition through the Microsoft Store for Education customers may occasionally see a missing buy button, a grayed out buy button, a gray Place Order button, or spinning circles after selecting Place Order. These issues are generally caused by missing organization info or missing payment info in the Admin Center or the Store for Education. If you experience one of those issues or a similar purchase issue, I suggest trying the below troubleshooting steps:
IT Admin Purchase:
- Ensure your Microsoft organization account has a global admin.
- If it does not, follow the steps here to perform an admin takeover for your tenant.
- Ensure your tenant has completed the verification process in the Admin Center for becoming an academically qualified institution.
- Ensure that the Billing info has been filled out for your Microsoft organization account in the Admin Center under Billing > Billing accounts. There should also be at least one payment method under Payment Methods.
- A payment method added here isn't as important as a payment method being present in the Store for Education, but it may help if purchasing is having issues.
IW / Educator Purchase:
- Check with your IT Admin to ensure the above has been completed.
- Check with your IT Admin to ensure you have proper purchase permissions for the Store for Education and that IW purchases have been enabled for the Store for Education.
- Ensure you've added your payment method in the Store for Education under Manage > Billing & payments > Payment methods.
Other notable mentions:
- If you're trying to purchase through an Invoice / Purchase Order, you must be a global admin and the purchase minimum is $500.
- If your organization has purchased Minecraft: Education Edition previously through a CSP partner, you'll need to go to them for future Minecraft: Education Edition purchases.
- If your school owns Microsoft 365 A3 or A5 (not to be mistaken with Office 365 A3 or A5) licenses, those also grant access to Minecraft: Education Edition.
If you continue to experience issues after exhuasting the above steps, submit a ticket to our support team at https://aka.ms/MEE_New_Request.