Articles in this section
Welcome to the Mobile, Multiplayer & More beta (version 1.18.30)! Try Minecraft: Education Edition on mobile devices. In addition, all users can try a new and improved multiplayer experience and updates to in-game coding using Code Builder. Explore the incredible mountain and cave biomes of Caves and Cliffs: Part II and use candles to light your way! We welcome you to try out our new updates before we release it to the general public. We can’t wait for you to play!
Please let us know all about the things you love, as well as challenges you run into by contributing to our Beta feedback forum.
From the Caves and Cliffs Part 2 Update
Version 1.18 brings some exciting features and changes to worlds, here are the highlights:
- Expanded World height (-64 to 320)
- New cave generation with new areas (aquifers, lush caves, dripstone caves, amethyst geodes)
- Taller mountains with new biomes (meadows, groves, snowy slopes, jagged peaks, frozen peaks, stony peaks)
- Pre-1.18 worlds updated to blend old and new chunks and support deeper caves
- Minecraft: Education Edition is now available on mobile (Android and iOS) phones!
- We’ve made updates to how some windows and pages are displayed to make them easier to use on smaller mobile screens
- You can adjust where Minecraft displays on the screen so it doesn’t appear in the notch of mobile devices
- Improved Mobile Touch Controls: Under Settings > Touch Controls you can select "Enable New Touch Control Schemes".
- View this Beta Considerations page for the mobile minimum required specs.
Improved Multiplayer Experience
- Joining multiplayer worlds should now be easier – requiring less network configuration to successfully connect
- View Beta Considerations page for important configuration information to use the new multiplayer experience
Known issues have been moved to our Beta Considerations page for this beta release.