Articles in this section
If Code Builder isn’t working correctly, the issue may be with the cache created and used by Code Builder. This article provides information on how to clear your cache and get Code Builder working again.
If you are:
- Able to open Code Builder, follow the steps to Clear your cache inside Code Builder.
- Not able to open Code Builder, follow the steps to Clear your cache from your system files (PC Only).
Clear your cache inside Code Builder
Follow these steps to clear your cache inside code builder.
- From the code interface, select More ().
- Select Reset.
Clear your cache from your system files (PC Only)
Follow these steps to access the AppData folder and clear your cache from the system files of your Windows PC.
Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default. You may need to enable View Hidden Files and Folders.
- Close Minecraft Education.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp.
Note: USERNAME refers to the user account used to log in to the device, not the sign in for Minecraft Education.
- Locate the minecraftpe.
- Rename or delete the minecraftpe.
- Relaunch Minecraft Education. If Code Builder:
- Launches, no further action needed.
- Does not launch, contact the support team via the submit a request.
If you have tried the solutions in this article and are still having issues, contact the support team via the submit a request form and include this information:
- Whether you're using a VPN or proxy, and if so, which brand.
- The device and OS version you’re using.
- The version of Minecraft Education you are using (bottom right corner of the screen).
- A screenshot of the error.
For more information, please refer to the IT Admin Guide article.