Articles in this section
Thank you for your interest in our Beta program! We're excited to get your feedback on our new features before we release them to the general public.
Frequency of Betas
While in the past we would release a beta about a month before the general update was available, we will be taking a new approach with our new beta program. We’ll now be releasing more frequent betas, earlier. These will be as often as monthly but may vary in frequency based on testing needs. This will help us get your feedback sooner and ensure our general release updates provide a smooth experience.
How do I join the beta?
Check out our article, Download Minecraft: Education Edition Beta, to learn more about supported platforms and how to install the latest Minecraft: Education Edition beta on your platform.
How to continue participating in the beta
If you have downloaded and installed our beta version, you will continue to get future beta releases:
- Chromebook users are notified before future beta versions are released and can choose to keep receiving beta versions or can choose to remove themselves from participating.
- iOS users continue to receive betas through TestFlight.
- macOS users need to manually install future beta releases.
- Windows desktop users are automatically updated to the beta when a new version is available.
- Windows store users need to manually install future beta releases.
How to stop receiving beta releases
Here is information on how to stop receiving beta releases by platform.
- Chromebook, opt to stop receiving future beta versions in the Play Store. See the Leave a beta program section in the from the Google Play Help site for information on how to opt out.
- iOS, visit the TestFlight page and scroll down to the Opting Out section for more details.
- For Windows and macOS, uninstall the beta version of Minecraft: Education Edition and install the production version from the Minecraft: Education Edition download page.
IMPORTANT! Export your worlds before uninstalling or they will be deleted. See the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.
How to get the full release - when available
If you have opted into our beta program, here’s how you can get the general update when it releases.
- Chromebook, iOS, and Windows users are automatically upgraded when the release is available.
- macOS users need to install the general release manually once it's available on the Minecraft: Education Edition download page.
- IMPORTANT! Export your worlds before uninstalling or they will be deleted. See the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.