Thank you for participating in the Minecraft: Education Edition beta program! The GOAT beta (1.17.30) is now closed and our full release is available. We want to make sure you know what happens next.
How to get the full release
Here’s how you can get the general update now that the beta is closed.
- Chromebook, iOS, and Windows users are automatically upgraded when the release is available.
- macOS users need to install the general release manually once it's available on the Minecraft: Education Edition download page.
- IMPORTANT! Export your worlds before uninstalling or they will be deleted. See the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.
How to continue participating in the beta – when available
If you have downloaded our beta version, you will continue to get future beta releases:
- Chromebook users are notified before future beta versions are released and can choose to keep receiving beta versions or can choose to remove themselves from participating.
- iOS users continue to receive betas through TestFlight.
- macOS users need to manually install future beta releases.
- Windows desktop users are automatically updated to the beta when a new version is available.
- Windows store users need to manually install future beta releases.
How to stop receiving beta releases
Here is information on how to stop receiving beta releases by platform.
- Chromebook, opt to stop receiving future beta versions in the Play Store. See the Leave a beta program section in the from the Google Play Help site for information on how to opt out.
- iOS, visit the TestFlight page and scroll down to the Opting Out section for more details.
- For Windows and macOS, uninstall the beta version of Minecraft: Education Edition and install the production version from the Minecraft: Education Edition download page.
IMPORTANT! Export your worlds before uninstalling or they will be deleted. See the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.