Articles in this section
Purchase Academic Licenses Directly
Qualified academic institution can purchase academic licenses of Minecraft Education through the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. To purchase licenses, you need to have an academically qualified admin center account. If you do not have an academically qualified admin center account, you can set one up for free. This article provides information on how to:
- Check if you have an academically qualified admin center account
- Purchase licenses from the admin center
If you're eligible, it's free to set up an admin center account and does not obligate you to any subscriptions or purchases unless you specifically authorize them.
Check if you have an academically qualified admin center account
Follow these steps to check if you are part of an eligible educational institution and have an academically qualified admin center account:
- Navigate to the Office 365 Education page.
- Enter your school email address and select Get Started.
Result: The Office 365 Education page notifies you if you have an academically qualified admin center account, if you are eligible for an account, or if you are not eligible for an account.
- If you are not eligible you can still purchase Minecraft Education through our Commercial Licenses offer.
Purchase and manage licenses in the Microsoft Admin Center
The Admin Center is our newer, more supported platform that we're moving to. However, only IT Admins or faculty that have been granted proper permissions are able to purchase through this platform. Here's how:
- Sign into the admin center with your admin center IT Admin account credentials.
- Navigate to the Minecraft Education product page.
- Select the number of licenses.
- Select Place Order.
- For information on different methods of payment (i.e. purchase order or invoice), see the admin center payment options.
Purchase licenses from a partner
To connect with a partner who can discuss your Office 365 and Minecraft Education needs, see Programs for Educational Institutions.