Welcome to the Camps and Clubs Beta! We’re excited to give you a sneak peek at new experiences coming to Minecraft: Education Edition.
What to know before getting started?
- If you are on Windows or Mac, you will need to remove your current version before downloading and installing the Beta. Before you remove the current version, it is recommended that you back up your worlds, or the worlds will be deleted. See the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.
- You may need to add URLs that are associated with Minecraft: Education Edition to your networks list of allowed URLs. See the FAQ: IT Admin Guide for more information and a full list of URLs to allow.
- Beta builds may have some instabilities. The What happens if something doesn’t work the way I expect it to? section and following questions address known issues, however you may be the first to discover a new one!
- Multiplayer will work across devices and platforms, but all players must be running the beta to play in the same worlds.
Note: Multiplayer is optimized for use in the classroom with all players on the same network. Review the How to Setup a Multiplayer Game at Home article for information about connecting from a home network.
- Not all features in the beta have had language localization.
- Worlds opened in the beta cannot be reopened on previous versions of Minecraft: Education Edition. We recommend that you back up your worlds, see the Importing and Exporting Your Worlds article for more information.
What new features and functionality are available in the beta?
For the first time ever, Minecraft: Education Edition is available to camps, clubs and organizations through the Camps and Club update. Now all users with an Office 365 account can now login on a trial basis and purchase licenses. Also included are new ways to share lessons, embed Flipgrid topics, multiplayer invites and bug fixes. There’s lots to explore! To learn more, check out the Feature Walkthrough Minecraft: Education Edition Camps and Clubs Beta for more detail on the new features.
What happens if something doesn’t work the way I expect it to?
While we anticipate that the beta release will work well for you and your school, it is possible that you may encounter a bug or two along the way. If you do, we want to hear it about. Please report any issues or general feedback you have about the release to our Camps and Clubs Beta feedback thread.
If you have a blocking issue, there are instructions in the How to Contact Support article about how to open a support ticket. If you are using the Windows desktop app, we recommend you run the diagnostic tool and export the log so that you can share it with us.
How will I get the updated regular version after the beta?
Check out our article, Download Minecraft: Education Edition Camps and Clubs Beta, to learn more about supported platforms and how to install a Minecraft: Education Edition on your platform.
How can I get future beta releases?
- Chromebook, iOS and Windows Desktop users will automatically get notified when future betas are coming and can choose to keep receiving betas, or remove themselves from participating.
- Windows Store and MacOS users will have to manually install new beta versions.
Still have questions?
Check out the Join the Minecraft: Education Edition Camps and Clubs Beta article for additional details.
We hope you enjoy the beta!