Articles in this section
Minecraft: Education Edition takes data privacy seriously and is designed to be used in compliance with COPPA, CCPA, FERPA, and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Minecraft: Education Edition processes data per the Microsoft Privacy Statement and the underlying agreement in place with the school or organization that purchased Minecraft: Education Edition for your use. For Microsoft enterprise products, including Office 365 Education, Microsoft 365, and Minecraft: Education Edition, Microsoft, as the data processor, will:
- Not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes.
- Not sell or rent student personal data,
- Not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes or as authorized by the parent, guardian, or student of appropriate age.
- Require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.