How does Minecraft:Education Edition protect the privacy of our customers?
Minecraft: Education Edition takes data privacy concerns seriously and complies with Microsoft’s Privacy Statement and GDPR Overview. Minecraft: Education Edition collects and processes data per the Microsoft Privacy Statement and the relevant Education terms. For Microsoft products provided by your K-12 school, including Microsoft 365 Education and Minecraft: Education Edition, Microsoft will:
- not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes;
- not sell or rent student personal data;
- not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioral targeting of advertisements to students;
- not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes or as authorized by the parent, guardian, or student of appropriate age; and
- require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.
- Microsoft Privacy
- Microsoft and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Complying with COPPA: Frequently Asked Questions