Minecraft: Education Edition takes data privacy concerns seriously and complies with COPPA, CCPA , FERPA, and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Minecraft: Education Edition collects and processes data per the Microsoft Privacy Statement and the relevant education terms. For Microsoft products provided by you, including Office 365 Education, Microsoft 365, and Minecraft: Education Edition,
- Not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes.
- Not sell or rent student personal data.
- Not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes or as authorized by the parent, guardian, or student of appropriate age.
- Require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.