Articles in this section
Minecraft Education takes data privacy seriously and is designed to be used in compliance with COPPA, CCPA, FERPA, and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Minecraft Education processes data per the Microsoft Privacy Statement and the underlying agreement in place with the school or organization that purchased Minecraft Education for your use. For Microsoft enterprise products, including Office 365 Education, Microsoft 365, and Minecraft Education, Microsoft, as the data processor, will:
- Not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorized educational or school purposes.
- Not sell or rent student personal data,
- Not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
- Not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorized educational or school purposes or as authorized by the parent, guardian, or student of appropriate age.
- Require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.