Articles in this section
Mac Installation Guide
Minecraft Education can be installed on individual Macs manually. This article provides information on how to install Minecraft Education on Mac.
Before you begin
Before installing Minecraft Education, ensure these prerequisites are met.
- Your Mac must meet the system requirements, see System Requirements.
- Users need to have the correct permissions based on the setup and installation method used at your organization.
- Your Mac is ready to install software from known developers. To check:
- Navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
- In the Allow apps downloaded from section, make sure App Store and identified developers is selected.
Note: If the section is grayed out, you need to contact your IT administrator to change the setting.
Example of Security & Privacy settings
Install Minecraft Education manually
Follow these steps to manually install Minecraft Education on Mac.
- From the Apple Products section of the Get Minecraft Education page, select MAC.
- Confirm the location to download the installation file to and click Save.
Result: The installation file begins downloading to your Mac.
- After the installation file finishes downloading, open the installation file.
When prompted, drag-and-drop the Minecraft Education application into the Applications folder.
Result: Minecraft Education is installed and ready to play. To open Minecraft Education, locate the application in the Applications folder.