We’ve coded in Minecraft before … is anything different about this lesson?
In the Hour of Code lesson, pressing “C” to code will open a coding challenge that is specific to students’ location in the world. Encourage your students to always talk to the nearest NPC for directions before they begin coding. If they see a message indicating that “no coding is required for this activity,” they should seek out the next NPC for instructions and then try again.
What should I do if my students or I get stuck and are not able to move past a coding quest?
- Talk to the Helper Bot. Try resetting or skipping the quest.
- If this does not help, exit and restart the world.
- Press ESC and then press the "I'm Finished" button
- Press "Exit Lesson" on the dialog that appears
- Restart the world. If you are signed in, you can pick up where you left off by reopening the world from your My Worlds list.
- If you are still having trouble, please submit a help request.
How do I use the Helper Bot?
Helper Bot is a useful robot that will allow students to skip or reset coding activities. You can only skip an activity after you have given it at least one try, so please encourage your students to make at least one attempt.