Articles in this section
How do I get started with Minecraft Education? Do I need to be an ambassador at Minecraft?
Begin your Minecraft journey with these easy steps:
- Check out our Get Started material
- Download the trial
- Join the Minecraft Education Teacher's Lounge
- Complete the tutorial world and get familiar with the basic controls
- Connect with the team and other educators at @playcraftlearn, and ask your students about how they learned to play Minecraft. You’ll hear some amazing ideas.
- Continue your journey by learning about advanced commands, companion applications, and ways to level up your Education knowledge.
What can I teach with Minecraft Education?
Much like the game Minecraft, Minecraft Education is designed to be a versatile and open platform. By utilizing the digital platform and classroom experience, students can also develop skills in collaboration, problem solving, communication, digital citizenship, and more. There is no limit to what students can learn in the game, and no limit to how the game can extend classroom learning.
Checkout this blog post from teachers using Minecraft Education on Classroom management tips.
Does Minecraft Education offer built-in lesson plans?
A range of Minecraft lessons are available for educators to use across subjects and age levels. Each lesson includes learning objectives, activities, suggested reflection questions, and evidence of learning criteria.
Can a video game really be educational? Do you have any data to prove this is more effective than traditional lesson plans in the classroom?
What is a Minecraft Education ambassador? How do I get this badge?
Minecraft Education ambassadors provide feedback on Minecraft Education (and related products) and come from around the world. You can apply monthly on our Facebook Group and be notified the following month.