Communicate necessary information in your world to visitors by using these items. They can contain more text than signs.
- Education Edition Exclusive: Yes
- World Builder Permission Needed: No
Boards are Education Edition sign blocks that allow players to write and display text in their worlds. The term Boards actually refers to a collection of three different blocks: Slate, Poster, and Board. The three are distinguished primarily by their size: 1×1 (slate), 2×1 (poster), and 2×3 (board), which dictates their text capacity. Boards can be found in the Items tab.
How to use
- To place a board, select it in your inventory and right click to place it in the world.
- Boards can be attached to walls as well as the ground.
- To edit, right click on the board and enter text into the space. The amount of text is limited by the size of the board.
- Boards are permission based blocks, which means only the person who created a board can edit/destroy it by default. However, creators can unlock their board to allow other players to edit/destroy it by toggling the Lock Switch (World Builders can always edit/destroy any board).
- When finished editing, you can save and close the board by pressing the “x” in the upper right corner.
Be mindful when unlocking signs! It can be a useful feature for sharing ideas, but an unlocked sign can be modified or destroyed by anyone!
- Adding non-player characters to your world (NPCs, Villagers)
- Helpful Items (like Cameras, Portfolio, Book & Quill)
Updated: June 22, 2018