Articles in this section
If you owned licenses on the Store for Education that you purchased with a credit card, your migrated subscription on the admin center will require a manual step to renew.
How this will affect your organization:
After migration, your new subscription will be named Minecraft Education – Migrated Trial on the Your products dashboard in the admin center and will appear as Minecraft Education on the Licenses dashboard. Licenses associated with this subscription will grant full access to Minecraft Education until the expiration date shown on the Your products dashboard.
Since this subscription was created as a trial, renewal of this subscription will require action from a tenant admin as these subscriptions will not auto-renew.
To keep your subscription active in the future, follow the steps in this article to manually renew your subscription before its expiration date.
- Open the admin center and login with an admin account that has billing privileges.
- Expand the Billing section of the left navigation menu and select Your products.
- Find the row with the Minecraft Education - Managed Trial product and note the expiration date.
Before your migrated subscription expires, follow these steps to ensure your organization doesn't lose access to Minecraft Education.
- Click the Minecraft Education – Migrated Trial product.
- Click the Buy paid subscription now button.
- Select the number of licenses you want to purchase in the Quantity box. You will not be able to select less than the number of users that are currently assigned the licenses you are purchasing. If you want to purchase less than the minimum amount, you will need to remove licenses from users in your organization.
- If you change the quantity, make sure to click the Update link that appears under the selection box.
- Click the Place order button on the right side of the page to complete your order.
After you go through these steps to manually renew your subscription, you will have a non-trial (paid) subscription and you will not have to go through this process again. This paid subscription will auto-renew unless you turn auto-renew off.