Articles in this section
What's New in The Wild Update Beta (v1.19)
Welcome to the Wild Update beta (v1.19.51) for Minecraft: Education Edition! With useful new blocks and items, charismatic mobs, and mangrove swamps, explore and survive in amazing new worlds. This update improves the user experience with smoother sign-in, library search, and tooltips. We welcome you to try out our new updates before we release to the general public. We can’t wait for you to play!
Please let us know all about the things you love, as well as challenges you run into by contributing to our Beta feedback forum.
From the Wild Update
Version 1.19 brings some exciting features and changes to worlds. Here are the highlights:
- New blocks (froglight, mangrove, mud, skulk)
- New items (goat horn, recovery compass, echo shard)
- New mobs (allay, frog, tadpole, warden)
- Biomes & Structures (Deep Dark, Mangrove Swamps, Ancient Cities)
Logging in and account switching
We've updated account management to make it easier to stay signed in and switch between accounts. The "Manage Accounts" button has been added to the Home screen, replacing the "Switch Accounts" button. This will enable users to choose whether to have the device remember their username and password across sessions ("Remember me"), to sign out, or to switch accounts and allow another player to sign in.
- If "Remember me" is toggled ON (to the right), the app will try to automatically sign in the last player on subsequent sessions.
- If the player hits the "Sign out" button, they will need to enter their username and password the next time they open the app.
- "Switch accounts" allows you to switch to a different account without clearing passwords from the device. If the player hits the "Switch accounts" button, they will need to enter their username the next time they open the app but not their password.
"Import" button added to the Play screen on iOS.
Updated Sign-In Experience
- Switching from ADAL to MSAL for Microsoft authentication.
- Improved Search featuring tag search, better non-English searching, and more!
- New computer science folders
Improved User Experience
- Easier to use tooltips and control hints in-world
OS minimum requirement changes:
- Mac OS: v11 Big Sur
- Windows: Windows 10
- iOS: From v1.19 of Minecraft: Education Edition onward, iOS 11 or higher will be required to login to the Minecraft: Education Edition app.
Read more about System Requirements
Some users may encounter these issues. If you do, reach out to our support team and we can help.
- You may encounter some crashes or hangs on Android & Chromebook – most often when leaving the app and coming back, but also possibly when the app first starts. Please let us know if you encounter any crashes and what screen was visible when the crash occurred.
- Accounts used to sign in will be remembered on future sign ins. In Settings -> Profile the “Enable Single Sign On” setting does not turn off SSO and the Switch Accounts button, while switching users, does not sign out the user. All accounts will be remembered. Future Betas will have these features working as expected.