Articles in this section
Welcome to the Wild Update beta (v1.19.50) for Minecraft: Education Edition! With useful new blocks and items, charismatic mobs, and mangrove swamps, explore and survive in amazing new worlds. This update improves the user experience with smoother sign-in, library search, and tooltips. We welcome you to try out our new updates before we release to the general public. We can’t wait for you to play!
Please let us know all about the things you love, as well as challenges you run into by contributing to our Beta feedback forum.
From the Wild Update
Version 1.19 brings some exciting features and changes to worlds. Here are the highlights:
- New blocks (froglight, mangrove, mud, skulk)
- New items (goat horn, recovery compass, echo shard)
- New mobs (allay, frog, tadpole, warden)
- Biomes & Structures (Deep Dark, Mangrove Swamps, Ancient Cities)
Updated Sign-In Experience
- Switching from ADAL to MSAL for Microsoft authentication.
- Improved Search featuring tag search, better non-English searching, and more!
- New computer science folders
Improved User Experience
- Easier to use tooltips and control hints in-world
OS minimum requirement changes:
- Mac OS: v11 Big Sur
- Windows: Windows 8.1
- iOS: From v1.19 of Minecraft: Education Edition onward, iOS 11 or higher will be required to login to the Minecraft: Education Edition app.
Read more about System Requirements
Some users may encounter these issues. If you do, reach out to our support team and we can help.
- You may encounter some crashes or hangs on Android & Chromebook – most often when leaving the app and coming back, but also possibly when the app first starts. Please let us know if you encounter any crashes and what screen was visible when the crash occurred.
- Accounts used to sign in will be remembered on future sign ins. In Settings -> Profile the “Enable Single Sign On” setting does not turn off SSO and the Switch Accounts button, while switching users, does not sign out the user. All accounts will be remembered. Future Betas will have these features working as expected.